Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How is the medical education in Philippines
Philippines follows the American system of education. This is shaped due to the fact that Philippines was a colony of USA for a period of 50 years, which shaped the education system and has brought out one of the best education system in Asia. The medical course in Philippines is called the MD program [Doctor of medicine] this is similar to that of USA, Russia, Ukraine and rest of Europe. The MD program is equivalent to MBBS of UK, Nepal, India, Pakistan and other Commonwealth countries.
2. What are the admission requirements and my eligibility criteria for the course?
Citizen of any country is eligible to study in Philippines as a fee paying student for undergraduate and post graduate programs. For undergraduate Medical program (MBBS), HSSC with min. 50% Marks in with Subjects in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
For graduate (MS, MD)- undergraduate in medicine with min. 50%. For post-graduate (PhD)- graduate in medicine
For exceptions, please contact our office for more specific information.
3. What is the total duration of this course..?
The total duration of this MBBS course is 5.5 years. The first 16 months [1 year and 4 months] is called the Bachelor of Science program and focuses on building foundation for a strong medical education. The next 4 year is the core medicine and clinical rotation
The post-Graduation is for 3 years and is called residency training [ Similar to that of USA]
4. Is there any local bodies who can help me in providing the overall info?
Yes we have representatives all over Asia, Middle East and Africa. Please send your query to us and we shall send it to our local representative office and they would be getting in touch
5. What is the total fee of this course…?
The fee varies for each university, please let us know which university are you interested to join and we shall send you the details accordingly.
6. Can a student avail loan facility, what are the procedures?
Yes, Students from Countries like India and other countries can avail education loan from any bank. The entire necessary information is provided at the time of enquiry by us.
7. What are the documents required for the admissions?
The photocopies of all relevant documents which are necessary for academic eligibility and proof are required for the admissions. You will get the list of documents at the time of enquiry.
8. What are the benefits given to students joining through our company?
The students are provided with good hostel facility. Also refer Link Why Us.
9. since when are the Universities established?
All these universities are established for decades before gradually diversifying in many
advanced courses. For more details on each university please refer to the relevant page of each university.
10. Are the degrees offered by foreign universities recognized and World Health
All the medical colleges and university present in the list of WHO are recognized by WHO and are recognized by CHED [Commission for Higher Education and Development].
11. What is the medium of teaching in Philippines?
As we had discussed earlier in Philippines even fisher man can speak English. Being an American colony for 50 years English has become the official language for government, Communication, day to day living and all other affairs. ? All the universities we are representing in the medical stream are having English medium education.
12. Whether the market is nearby or not?
Yes the market for daily needs is nearby to the campus
13. Are there vegetarian Foods available?
All foods have vegetarian and non-vegetarian components, Study can choose only vegetarian dishes if they want to. But we suggest that vegetarians can cook their own food so that they are happy about what they eat.
14. Is there any dress code for college students?
There are uniforms for students
15. Are books available there or we need to carry along with us?
Some universities provides list of recommended books to carry and some books are given there during session. We suggest that the students carry the books, or can purchase it in Philippines too.
16. Does stipend is provided there during internship period?
No, it is not provided
17. For how many days is the vacation period there? Can a student come to Home during
The vacation period is of 6- 8 weeks, depending on the batch of student in which admitted he/she can come between July/ August and should inform the university accordingly
18. How the students have to pay the charges to us and total course fees?
Student has to pay the processing fees by bank transaction or write transfer or demand draft.
19. Is there any special provision for International students to solve their any personal
problems or queries?
Every university has an International Students Department where a student could address their problems directly.
20. Can I practice in my country after I study medicine from Philippines?
Yes, you can practice in your country, provided you stand by the local governing laws of the medical council or Medical board of your country. All our universities are recognized by the World Health organization, CHED and other bodies
21. Can I arrive prior to the orientation day?
A: Yes. Let the admission office know your planned arrival date and we will make your accommodation reservations beginning on the day you designate.
22. What is the cost of living in Philippines?
This varies from City to City, on the spending habits, what you want to buy, where you want to eat.
23. How can I get or exchange money while I am in Philippines?
You may bring money with you, either in the form of cash or traveler’s checks. ATM machines are available in banks, or cash advances can be drawn over the counter at most large banks for a transaction charge. Major hotels and most fine restaurants and stores now accept credit cards. Students enrolling for longer courses can open a bank account through the local bank on campus or down town and transfer funds from accounts in their home country.
24. What is the voltage used in Philippines?
A: The voltage here is 220. Converters and power strips may be purchased locally.
We have tried to answer to all the possible questions, if we have left out anything please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org