International Students who desire to enter Philippines for further studies should look at this chapter which is filled with information on the necessary requirements for student visas and ways to obtain them.
1 – Information on the Requirements for 9(A) Temporary Visitors Visa.
Passport and travel document valid for at least six (6) months
Completed application form with photograph
Proof of financial capacity
Certificate of Enrollment from University
Confirmed Return passage ticket and its photocopy; and
Required Visa fee Per Applicant
2 – Information on the Requirements for Change of Status from 9(A) Temporary Visitors Visa to 9(F) Student Visa
An alien admitted into the Philippines under ANY visa category may apply in the Bureau of Immigration for the change/conversion of his admission status to that of a Student under Section 9(F) of the Philippine Immigration Act of 1940, as amended pursuant to E.O. No. 285 subject to the following guidelines:
The student shall submit the documentary requirements stated hereunder to the Student Desk of the Bureau of Immigration through the designated School’s Liaison Officer who will hand carry them under a letter cover typewritten on the school’s official stationary signed by the school’s Registrar and stamped with the School’s Official Dry Seal;
- Written endorsement from the school for the change of the admission status of the alien to that of a student enclosing the following supporting documents
- Original copy of the Notice of Acceptance (NOA) containing a clear impression of the school’s official dry seal.
- Original copy of the Certificate of Eligibility for Admission (CEA) issued by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) for Medicine and Dentistry students.
- Proof of adequate financial support to cover expenses for the student’s accommodation and subsistence, as well as school dues and other incidental expenses.
- Scholastic records duly authenticated by the Philippine Foreign Service Post located in the student’s country of origin or legal residence.
- Police Clearance Certificate issued by the National Police Authorities in the student’s country of origin or residence duly authenticated by the Philippine Foreign Service Post having consular jurisdiction over the place for student who resided in the Philippines for less than 59 days;
However, for student who resided in the Philippines for more than 59 days at the time he applies for the said change/conversion of his admission status to that of a student, he shall also be required to submit the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) clearance.
Quarantine Medical Examination by the National Quarantine Office.
Xerox copy of the Birth Certificate.
Copy of the student’s Personal History Statement signed by the student with a 2 x 2 – inch photograph recently taken.
Xerox copy of the photo, data and stamp of the latest arrival pages of the passport of the student. The passport itself shall be presented to this Office for verification.
Please Note : Documents A5 & A6 have to duly authenticated by the Philippine Foreign Service Post located in the student’s country of origin.