University Vision - Mission
FEATI will be a leading knowledge center in the country to create and advance new ideas. We will foster an environment to enable faculty, students, all personnel and alumni to become responsible, life-long learners and transformed individuals committed to service of God, the world, country, and family.
FEATI University will accomplish its vision by:
- Promoting basic and applied research and development
- Generating innovative technologies
- Teaching creatively to develop critical-thinking abilities
- Inspiring students to achieve full academic, research, and spiritual potentials in the arts, sciences, technology, and humanities.
FEATI is a values-centered university geared towards achieving its vision and mission through the following CORE VALUES:
University History Highlights
- 1946 - The Far Eastern Aeronautics School made its existence known with the holding of first aeronautical classes.
- 1950 - Dr. Salvador resigned as president of FEATI Tech and Mrs. Victoria Araneta succeeded him as president.
- 1952 - FEATI received commendation from the Philippine Educational System for pioneering in aeronautical education.
- 1953 - The construction of the five-storey Main Building wa completed.
- 1954 - Dr. Greogorio Y. Zara invented the alcohol - based aircraft engine.
- 1956 - Dr. Zara invents the TV-phone and President Ramon Magsaysay witnessed the demonstration at the Malacanang Palace
- 1959 - Mrs. Araneta was awarded the Doctorate degree in Business Administration and FEATI Tech became FEATI University
- 1960 - Dr. Victoria de Araneta was inducted into office by Pres. Carlos P. Garcia.
- 1961 - “General Marex” the electronic robot was introduced in the 1961 Science Fair.
- 1962 - FEATI University headed the first faculty strike in the country and as a consequence many professors were dismissed.
- 1972 - Pres. Ferdinand Marcos declared Martial Law; Student organizations were banned and FEATI University News ceased operations.
- 1975 - Enrolment soared to an all-time high of 45,000 students.
- 1986 - Dr. Victoria Lopez de Araneta’s son-in-law, Jose M. Segovia becomes the second president of the University.
- 1987 - Student organizations were allowed to flourish once more and the Publication resurrected through the efforts of the Student Council.
- 1988 - FEATI Bids adieu to its Great Lady, Dr. Victoria Lopez de Araneta
- 2002 - Dr. Reynaldo T. Pena becomes President of FEATI University
- 2003 - FEATI University’s Administration reorganized. Prof. Felisberto G. L. Reyes assumes presidency.
- 2005 - Prof. Reyes retires and is succeeded by Dr.-Ing. Adolfo Jesus R. Gopez